Thread: Hard Shifting
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 11:07 AM
billie789
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hard Shifting

Originally Posted by onehundred80
My 300 had hard shifting and then it went into limp mode, a warranty repair but the work order said 'valve body recondition'.
I guess if I was paying, it would have said 'new valve body'.

If your torque converter was shredding itself to pieces then there must be metal fragments all through the transmission channels and valves etc. I'd want a new one. Filters only keep out the large pieces.
Yup, roger that, but the dealer service guys were pretty thorough about that. I asked yesterday if a shredded TC would clog the valve body (like they hadn't thought of it ) and they are confident that the filter did it's job and caught anything that found it's way into the main tranny. I don't think the actual plumbing allows for co-mingling of TC and Tranny fluids. They drained them separately and checked the fluid. Then, the warrranty company sent some dude over to take fluid samples and he tested them for suspended particles. That's why the warranty company allowed the repacement of the TC and not the whole tranny.

I'll post the results when they figure it out, but thanks to you guys for the solenoid reference.