Thread: Hard Shifting
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 01:15 PM
billie789
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hard Shifting

Originally Posted by striker3
billie, I brought my car to the dealer for a new top. I asked while it's there could they fix the seat heater, mirror switch and the top switch, and I had the transmission leak from the plug thing. I had noticed the car was shifting slow from 1st to second but I don't drive it everyday so didn't think much of it.

Just got call from dealer. She says there is another plug inside the transmission that is / was leaking. She didn't get into specifics but that the tech said I shouldn't drive it and that someone from the warranty company was coming out to approve the repair cause it's over $1,000. Also said I won't get the car back for at least a week and I have rental coverage with my warranty. It almost sounds like the car needs a new tranny. At 25,000 miles? Looking forward to seeing how this turns out for you. Good luck. I will get more specific with the service adviser when she calls back to tell me if the warranty company is going to pay.

Oh, man! That's too close to home!

Dealer called last night and said they were confident that it's the TCM because in all testing after the torque converter install for this new, hard-shifting problem, they realized the TCM was "not learning" and "not adapting" and that told them it was junk. No codes were thrown. Just an illiterate TCM!

The warranty company ok'd the $750 TCM, but in order to get it here from Chrysler in less than 7-10 days, I had to fork over another $50 to get it here tomorrow, when no one is working . Seems Chrylser only uses UPS and won't ship Fed Ex Overnight.

My rental car was good for 5 days at $30 max a day. That gives you a skateboard with a winshield and we used that up a week ago. Called the warranty compnay and they said 5 days is teh max coverage. So, Enterprise could see we were getting the short end of the hot dog and put us on teh weekly rental plan and that helped a bunch.

My wife's all perplexed over a major repair and the cash out of pocket and I keep telling her that for excess rental car and trans. filter and fluid and faster shipping on the TCM that's not covered, we're still doing well to r & r a TC and TCM in a Mercedes tranny for less than $800 out of pocket.