Thread: Hard Shifting
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 03:21 PM
billie789
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hard Shifting

Originally Posted by striker3
Update, The problem is that there is something in the valve body of the transmission called an adapter plate, I think thats what she said. She said that was spinning freely and causing the tranny to leak and also why it shouldnt be driven. I don't know much about transmissions. I wonder what this is and what caused it. Did it do any damage to the transmission? The good news is the warranty is paying for the fix....pheww! The bad is it looks like at least another week with out the car.
That was one of the possible causes of my problems before they narrowed it to the torque converter. Valve body, valve body plate or Tran Contr Mod. They went with the TCM. I'll find out how that worked out in a couple of hours.

Here's the really irritating thing about my AUL warranty on this. It's pay for the part, but it will only pay for 7-10 delivery on shipping. If you want it faster (who wouldn't?) it starts getting spendy.

So, the warranty covers 5 days of rental car at $30 a day max. Dealer already had the car 9 days when they called and said they thought it was now the TCM causing the hard shifting post-TC replacement.

Then things got weird: I said okay, is it covered? Oh, yeah, it's covered. Ok, then when will you do the repair? As soon as the part gets here. Ok, when's the part here? Well, you can let it come free of charge in 7-10 days (I am not kidding. He wasn't even laughing when he said this) or you can pay to upgrade the freight (to sometime in this century!) So, I'm paying $30/day for a rental car out of pocket now and the guy wants to know if I'd like to "rush" 2-day UPS for another $50?

"You guys have loaners when something goes like this? I'm getting dragged behind a horse here ion car rental."

"No, we don't have loaners, sorry."