Thread: Hard Shifting
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 AM
billie789
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hard Shifting

Originally Posted by striker3
Good Luck, hope it's fixed this time. I found a thread about my issue and I understand it a little better. It is irritating that I will not have the car until next week. I'm not real optimistic about that being I was told the part should be there by Friday!
Update and this is fair warning to early-years auto trans Crossfire owners: When a dealer orders in a new TCM, it comes from an intermediary transition parts organization known as Star Parts. They shuttle parts back and forth between Daimler-Benz and Chrylser for warranty work.

They will ship the TCM completely blank, like a new DVD out of the package. Normally, you would copy over the old TCM to the new TCM through the scanner.

So, what about a bad TCM, like mine? You cannot use it to copy-over your old data. When the Chrysler dealer calls Star and asks,"Now what?" they don't have an answer. There isn't even a base-line level of software installed or formatted, just blank. And no software disk or web site to go to download or anything.

The service manager was really nice this morning, but they are still stumped. Shop foreman is on my car now. Hope they can figure it out today!