Old 09-30-2011, 10:12 AM
JHM2K
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Intake tube, 3", A-112-094-34-82... Screens?

Interesting the differences between each car...

On mine, I had absolutely no room for the PVC spacers. I used a single band-clamp to secure the pipe, they were snug but I wanted SNUG.

Driver's side was definitely a tight squeeze. I just pushed the front flush with the core support, and let the corrugated pipe do the flexing. The airbox is securely in place, and does not flex at all. All flex is absorbed in the intake pipe. After running the car for 30 minutes this morning on my commute to work, the plastic was allowed to settle into its final position and it's good to go now. Engine can flex w/o disrupting engine cover OR the intake pipe.

Passenger's side = tons o room, but still no room for the PVC spacer. Both pipes have the oblong inlet securely butted against the core support, and the result is a sealed path to cool, clean air.

Speaking of cool, HUGE difference in surface temp between these pipes and the aluminum TVT ones. The TVT pipes stayed hot for 30 minutes after the drive. This morning, immediately after I parked I popped the hood. COOL TO THE TOUCH. And that was after 30 minutes of driving at 3,000 RPM.

Impressed with these things. Butt-dyno feels the same but I expected no difference.