Old 09-30-2011, 10:54 AM
onehundred80
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Re: Intake tube, 3", A-112-094-34-82... Screens?

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Interesting the differences between each car...

On mine, I had absolutely no room for the PVC spacers. I used a single band-clamp to secure the pipe, they were snug but I wanted SNUG.

Driver's side was definitely a tight squeeze. I just pushed the front flush with the core support, and let the corrugated pipe do the flexing. The airbox is securely in place, and does not flex at all. All flex is absorbed in the intake pipe. After running the car for 30 minutes this morning on my commute to work, the plastic was allowed to settle into its final position and it's good to go now. Engine can flex w/o disrupting engine cover OR the intake pipe.

Passenger's side = tons o room, but still no room for the PVC spacer. Both pipes have the oblong inlet securely butted against the core support, and the result is a sealed path to cool, clean air.

Speaking of cool, HUGE difference in surface temp between these pipes and the aluminum TVT ones. The TVT pipes stayed hot for 30 minutes after the drive. This morning, immediately after I parked I popped the hood. COOL TO THE TOUCH. And that was after 30 minutes of driving at 3,000 RPM.

Impressed with these things. Butt-dyno feels the same but I expected no difference.

The extensions were to push the tubes that much forward to get them through the rad support. This would mean altering the drivers side by cutting, I have not done that yet and it is like yours, the passenger side is longer and sits in the hole fine. I have removed the extension on the passenger side so it looks the same as the driver side. Essentially mine is like yours but using the longer intake tube on the passenger side. I was going to get another shorter tube but haven't yet, maybe never.

Edit, this was my 6,000th post, I have to get a life.

Last edited by onehundred80; 10-06-2011 at 10:34 AM.