Old 10-04-2011, 07:58 AM
BoilerUpXFire
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Continental DWS warranty (or lack thereof)

Originally Posted by JHM2K
If I could use a bigger series tire than a 25 aspect ratio with a 20, I'd be all over a staggered 19/20 setup...

And if you've seen our bridges...

So, an extra pound or two won't be a detriment.
I hear you John, but I am running a 275/30-20, no rubber bands on this car, I learned from the last one.

I have to say, I think our roads up here are as bad, if not worse, as we see a lot harsher winters, and even with the setup, I would not change anything. Stiff enough to respond well on the track, but I drive it everyday (sometimes begrudgingly).

The reason I went with what, IMO, is the better aesthetically pleasing combo is because the pound or two does not do enough to throw off my times at the AutoX, and I am not competitive, because some of my mods put me into a wild class, so it is all just fun for me. When she becomes a garage queen and track car full time, I will have a set of 18s all around for her to wear at the track, as you say, that is the best racers combo, and I have seen setups that looked amazing, but I prefer the natural rake of the staggered setup too much to lose it fulltime...