Old 10-23-2011, 09:16 AM
LantanaTX
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Turbo Project - Please read!

In the quest for more power for my car, I have made some new friends! i was talking to Brandon who runs Kleeman USA. In talking to him we agreed that a turbo would be a fantastic way to go. I mentioned that turboing a n/a Crossfire hasn't been proven to work becuase of the tuning. He went over the whole fuel management sytem that is used on the Kleeman supercharger system and I was suprised at its simplicity and low cost. Kleeman systems are proven and bullet proof. He went on to mention that the system would work exactly the same on a turbo or supercharger. He also mentioned that a friend of his I should talk to wrote the book on turbo charging. His name is Corky Bell. You can find his books in the book stores and Amazon. Corky is a legend when it comes to turbo and superchargers. You also need to know someone to be able to talk to him. I called and said I was referred by Brandon and was able to get him on the phone. We discussed the project and I am moving foward.

Here is the decision. I can build the system myself and Corky and Kleeman have both offered to consult and provide parts to made it work. I am now confident that making it work great is not an issue. Corky however would like me to bring the car to his shop in San Antonio and let him do the work so that we can make a turbo kit for the n/a Crossfire. If I do this it will cost me more, but you guys will have a complete well engineered kit that will allow you to potentially blow right past an SRT. Corky's stated goal is to sell a minimum of 5 kits. The target price for kits is around $3,500.

To allow Corky Bell to build my kit, I need to find out how much more it will cost and if there is solid interest by at least five people who would do this after it is proven. The only significant difference in what we do to my car and the n/a V6 will be the size of the turbo. If I don't see 5 or more commitments I will do the work myself. So if the system is first rate, runs fastastic and dyno proven and 1/4 mile tested, would you commit? Maybe you have a six speed and want a big performance boost?

Last edited by LantanaTX; 10-24-2011 at 08:27 AM.