Old 10-24-2011, 02:16 PM
LantanaTX
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Turbo Project about to begin but decision needed

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I would be interested as well, but would want to see all the numbers and proven reliability BEFORE ponying up the money...

Some around here have been getting that backwards lately.
This is not a group buy and no money up front. you get to see pictures and dyno graphs before buying anything. I spoke to Corky again today and he really wants to build kits for the n/a Crossfire. I just don't want to dissapoint him with no sales if he goes to all the work to engineer this kit. We have a long history on our site of complaining about how hard it is to make the n/a faster. In talking to Corky, I pointed out that the n/a Crossfire gets knocked for not having enogh HP. We also discussed having a cost that is reasonable compared to kits for other cars, and comparing the costs of the kit vs. selling a car and buying an SRT. We also discussed that the six speed only came in a n/a Crossfire and there are guys who would like to go faster but are not willing to give up the 6 speed. In talking price, Corky said $3000 would make it hard to squeeze a profit and $4,000 would be easy to do. I told him he should target $3500.

The cheapest way to turbo a car is rear mount and most likely the way we will go. Corky needs a car to look at, so we need a San Antonio owner to drop by his shop so he can take a look at how best to turbo it. the next step after that is for me or one of you to drop off your car. Being the guini pig could have advantages, but if Corky cannot make this work then it trully can't be done. Makeing it work will depend on fuel management. the fuel management will be based on the rising rate fuel regulator (invented by corky) which is the same system used by Kleeman on their superchargers. It is inexpensive and bullet proof if set up properly.