Old 10-24-2011, 03:40 PM
LantanaTX
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Turbo Project about to begin but decision needed

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Keep me posted. If he wants a local one to look at, by all means go ahead as it will be a moment before I can swing the PTO to get down there.

Once he determines it's a "go", if he needs a 6MT car to work with and tune, I could make it happen.

I was looking at the Cobra project... INSANE.

When he creates this kit, is he going with a polished tube or a black textured one? The black on the Cobra looked SICK!! Will we stay with the two-stage intake manifold, or will he create a one-off?

One more question for him, since he's considering a rear-mount -- could the Turbo cars utilize the shorty headers from Speedriven? Or would we have to stick with the stock manifolds?

I'm thinking shorty headers + 90-100 HP from a turbo would be
The shorty headers are no problem. Not sure about black or polish, he probably would do it either way. Intake manifold stays the same. He ran some numbers today based on the n/a cars 215hp (175-180 at the wheels) and your hp estimate is hopefully a little low.

I want the charge pipe to follow the angle that is on the passenger side of the E320/E430 engine cover so that we could use an engine cover for a more factory look. I just got off the phone with Brandon at Kleeman and this kit would basically be a Corky Bell designed system using Kleeman fuel management which was based on Cory's invention. Kleeman is more familiar with how to adapt Corky's principles to the unique challenges of the Mercedes engine. Brandon is exicted to help because he said there would be "ice cubes in hell, before I can teach Corky anything". But getting Brandon's help would speed up Corky's learning curve of the Mercedes engine mangement system. Corky was also very excited to hear that Chris (LateModel) is working with our group as well.

The first step is to get a local San Antonio member to drop by their shop to look over the car and determine the best way to turbo it. I just posted a new thread on the Coupe forum looking for someone. If you know any owners in San Antonio, Please have them get in touch with me.

We may also have lined up the first car to get the turbo! If would be nice if it doesn have to be me as my car is my only car unless I can share with my wife or son. I am very confident in this project! We have a legend in the business and Kleeman supporting us. Does it get any better?

Last edited by LantanaTX; 10-24-2011 at 03:53 PM.