Old 10-24-2011, 03:47 PM
JHM2K
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Turbo Project about to begin but decision needed

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
The shorty headers are no problem. Not sure about black or polish, he probably would do it either way. Intake manifold stays the same. He ran some numbers today based on the n/a cars 215hp (175-180 at the wheels) and your hp estimate is hopefully a little low.

I want the charge pipe to follow the angle that is on the passenger side of the E320/E430 engine cover so that we could use an engine cover for a more factory look. I just got off the phone with Brandon at Kleeman and this kit would basically be a Corky Bell designed system using Kleeman fuel management which was based on Cory's invention. Kleeman is more familiar with how to adapt Corky's principles to the unique challenges of the Mercedes engine. Brandon is exicted to help because he said there would be "ice cubes in hell, before I can teach Corky anything". But getting Brandon's help would speed up Corky's learning curve of the Mercedes engine mangement system. Corky was also very excited to hear that Chris (LateModel) is working with our group as well.
Sounds promising!

I like the idea of utilizing the ML-320 engine cover... nestle a BOV right in the cavity where the MAF harness comes out on the ML motors, and you're golden.