Old 12-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Razel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: key fob won't work, alarm goes off - stuck!

Originally Posted by Grifzool
I had the same problem with my brand new 2011 Chrysler Town and Country this morning. Would not lock after going for a ride. Both key fobs would not work at all. one key fob even got stuck in the ignition. I locked it from the inside to call chrysler and went back to open it and alarm sounded. The 1800 number directed me to the dealership. I was told by 2 people in the service dept. that I need to get the module replaced and that I should call a tow truck. I refused to believe this and found this thread after a 20 min web search. Thank g-d! I took the #10 wrench and my ear plugs out and sure enough. After disconnecting the +battery cable for 1 minute... It worked! The alarm did not come back on. The stuck key came right out and now it all seems to be working properly. Thank you for this post. I will repost if it happens again!
Same thing happened to us, got it fixed the same way. I've heard this is a programing error that the dealership should fix (under warrenty?) so that it won't happen again.