View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 05:31 AM
Russ59
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Front Lip For The Crossfire...........

Originally Posted by xxx_fire
there is a minor mod that has to be made to this lip. at each end about an inch needs to be cut off.the lip was a little too long. and like most lips priduced double sided tape needs to be applied to the rear of the lip to attach to the body. one screw on each side to hold the lip in place.price will be $149.99 for all who are interested let me know on this thread, or you can message me.
Nice looking lip but a few questions if you dont mind answering.
Have you made the lip yourself? and is it fibreglass? why the screws showing on the sides?

THIS IS NOT A CRITICISM OF YOUR WORK SO PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY. I have my own fibreglass business making spoilers, lips and bumpers for cars and vans and have no screws showing when fitted
If you had made the ends closed in so they lipped into the wheel arch you could put a screw in there to secure (unseen) so no need for double sided tape and an ugly looking screw showing on the side. Along the front a bead of automotive sealer on the back of the lip to secure to the bumper.

I was thinking of designing a front lip myself. I would have had one of yours (NOT TO COPY) but with shipping to the UK would be too costly.