Old 01-08-2012, 03:32 PM
jetdriverk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: How to Repair Relay Control Module (RCM) - (Mystery no Start)

My car electronics work fine, and I hear the ignition ticking when I turn the key. But the car will not crank at ALL. That lead me to think I might have an RCM problem. However I am suspicious because just this morning I put my Mopar battery on a trickle charger, charged it to 100% (Voltmeter read 12.6 to 12.7 Volts), cleaned the battery terminals with a baking soda/ water mixture, and reconnected the battery. I turn the key and no crank. I then double-checked the + and - connectors/ terminals and noticed the negative connector that goes to the frame had a ring of "reddish tint" on the bottom of the loop where it connects to the battery terminal. Re-scrubbed and dried the connectors, but the color appears to be permanent.
I find it to be a strange coincidence that the car will not crank right AFTER I charged the battery, yet the symptom does seem to be identical to the RCM problem...
I'm looking at my RCM board as I type this, and the soldering looks to be in good shape. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as the car is my daily driver and work starts bright and early tomorrow