View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Sik Srt-6
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Complete oposite side of the scale

I wanted a vehicle that i could make my own accessories for; last fall i started building some interior racks for it.
One thing about the H1 is that alot of the accessories are big $$$, but dont really have much rocket science behind them. A set of baskets (driver and passenger rear wheel well racks and a center passenger rack) retails for over $1100. LOL i dont think so.
9ft roof racks list around 4500$ LOL! not in my lifetime!

I love to fab stuff up, so some of the things on my list are a full length roof rack, rear ladder, and these interor baskets.

I had built myself from scratch a hydraulic tubing bender a year ago, so this was its first project.

Cost me about 100$ in material, and my time. They arnt fully finished but i plan to paint them black, and finish tig welding it up.

With winter in effect right now, even though its been mild, the projects have been slowly getting done. Im working on a removable winch bracket that goes from the front to the back, and i scored a sweet deal on a 10,000lb superwinch.

I also spent some time designing up a roof rack that intergrates a upper lightbar that will hold 8 "modified" 7" HID spots
Cant wait for spring to come!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SANY0312s.jpg (375.2 KB, 31 views)
SANY0355s.jpg (187.1 KB, 32 views)
SANY0358s.jpg (235.6 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by Sik Srt-6; 01-31-2012 at 10:33 PM.