Old 02-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Kristaplatypus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A potential nightmare averted… thank you Crossfire Forum! Crankshaft Position Sensor

Oh, I am so filled with hope that this will solve my problem. Had the same stalling-out-at-red-lights issue so I went to the dealership (new in town and thought it was under warranty). No warranty and they want to charge me $430 to replace the "crank sensor" which I assume is the same thing as is described here? If so, one question: do these parts vary by year/model/etc.? I see that the OP referred to Googling a "SLK320 Crankshaft Position Sensor" for his 2004 Limited. Mine is an '04 standard coupe - would that make a difference?

I have been checking out this forum for years but never tried to do a repair for myself before. This time I think the dealer went too far and I have no good local mechanic, so . . . here goes? Thanks a ton for any and all advice! (And if you're so inclined, I am going to post some related questions in the appropriate fora, and would love any help I can get - air filter, hood prop, and air filter all apparently need replacing, as does some tire suspension part whose name I've forgotten).