Thread: A25 Amg
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 11:10 AM
BoilerUpXFire
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: A25 Amg

Originally Posted by JHM2K
And you think AMG owners are uppity? M3 fanboys take the cake.
I will agree that M3 owners are uppity for the most part, but vette owners take the cake IMHO.

Where I live and work, there are MANY Ms, AMGs, Vs, etc and the attitiude I see most display is not that of a 'car guy' it is that of someone that was not satisfied by the prestige of Mercedes alone and had to impress his friends with a few extra letters. I probably see 5-10 AMGs a day on the northside of Indy (Carmel area) and of the ones I have spoken with, few have known even the basics of their cars specs, and the majority have had dirty wheels (and some door dings). I have seen several M3s and CTS-Vs out at the track, never an AMG, and with the amount around, that surprised me.

I am not out for an entire group of owners, or am secretly holding a grudge, I am simply conveying what I see on a day to day basis around my city that led me to my conclusion. I know there are great guys out there who own AMGs like Steve and (sometimes) Nick but most I see would have a lot easier time telling you to the cent what the car cost than the diameter of a brake rotor...