Thread: v8 chevy swap
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 05:55 PM
downwardspiral
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: v8 chevy swap

Originally Posted by robertalive
just finished the motor mounts.got $8000 in the motor and trans to hit 500 hp.not going to use the hydrolic stock mounts.running a turbo 350 chevy trans.proably going to up grade later to a TKO6 speed trans.got the interior done seats and carpet.now im fiberglassing new dash panel to house the new gauges ,hope to have it all done by 6-2012.upgraded brakes to 1) slotted ,crossdrilled R1 rotors 2) Akebono euro pads all around 3) SS braided brake lines from needswings. suspension is B&G springs with srt6 shocks.weight of the car is down to 2600 LBS.Changed the steering wheel to Grant motorsport.best part is the exhaust ,just some chevy 350 headers with 2 high flow cats with flowmasters.super 40's.trying to keep the car as low as possible with 18" all around.went TSW nourenbergs,think i spellt that wrong.getting the car wrap in the mail teusday ,its real easy to apply,allreddy vinyl wrapped the tal lights ,med smoke.anyone else getting crazy modded for the summer hit me back with any ideas.
Nice.. please tell me its not carbureted though . Just a heads up, there is no TKO 6 speed, they are 5 speeds. You need a t56 magnum if you want 6 gears. I agree with max though, the rear will not hold up. I'd look for a dana from a viper or vette. Maybe some frame reinforcement as well.