View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 11:20 AM
MikeR
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Lowered cars... improve your ride...

I measured the position of the sway bar mounting bolt at the top of the factory sway bar link to the floor and got 16" and then took out both sway bar links and measured from sway bar mount to the floor again and got 15". That would be with the sway bar just hanging with no loads on it. Yes, I had to crawl under the car to take the measurements. And the links are just inside the wheel line so my measurement was at an angle. But since I took both measurements the same it should be good.
The length of the factory sway bar link when measured from center to center of the mounting bolt holes is 7.8". When I installed my new links I set them to 6 7/8" to achieve the 'neutral' position of the sway bar. Once the new links are installed they will be super easy to adjust. Take off the wheel, loosen the jam nuts, adjust the link and tighten the jam nuts, replace the wheel.
By the way, one FULL turn/revolution of the link will make 0.105"(1/10") change.

I have also added the installation instructions to the FIRST post in this thread..

Last edited by MikeR; 03-07-2012 at 11:34 AM.