Thread: Sad Day Folks
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Wildbill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sad Day Folks

Hey everyone, I just wanted to tell folks that I passed the Crossfire onto a new owner yesterday. After my car got broken into (top torn off, window broken, dash torn to pieces) it just was never the same. I attempted to get it fixed 3 different times, but the driver's side window continued to leak, and the roof seemed to rattle a lot more. I loved that car so much, and I am going to be sad when I see another one on the road and I can't wave back. I wanted to pass on a few lessons to you guys with this whole experience:

1) Aftermarket equipment, and convertibles don't mix. I had the faceplate taken off and that didn't deter them. They tore open my glove box to see if I left the face in there which I didn't, and then stole the unit anyway. Once I move outta DC and into a place where I have my own garage I might think about getting a convertible again, but not until then.
2) Don't sell the car now. In the past 3 months the car's value has dropped significantly (maybe because of winter). KBB for my '05 LTD Roadster was around 20k in 'good' condition. It took about 4 hours to get the dealer to get up to my loan payout amount, and that hurt me when trying to negotiate the price of the car I was buying.
3)If you are going to buy winter tires for the car...buy them in Sept...or even August. Before the break in at the beginning of November I was looking around for tires...Had to call 4 different stores in my area before I could find 2 of the tires I needed.

I know I haven't posted around here too much and most of you probably don't know who I am, but I view this site almost daily and am sad to move on. I liked having a car which everyone would stop and make comments on, or didn't look like anything else out there (call it an ego problem if you'd like), but when it comes down to it the cost of ownership for this car was through the roof, and it's tough to be an everyday car like I used it.

Thanks everyone for your help when I asked for it and happy crusin'!