View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:44 PM
RonFire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coupe a Bump in the Yard

My '04 Coupe has less than 7000 miles on it and hasn't worked for a couple of months and is, in fact, only adept at being a bump in the yard. I am now desparate for ideas on what to look at next. It has all of the symptoms (and maybe more) of a bad RCM. However, the RCM solder joints all look excellent and are well wetted with solder but just to be sure, I re-melted the ones shown to go bad. Since it fails when cold, it's not logically the CPS but just to be sure I changed that with no improvement resulting.
The "maybe more" symptoms are that the engine fan motor roars to life when the key is turned to start and the radio turns on! Is this at all normal? Does it give anyone any clues as to what to do next?
I had it carried to the only Chrysler/Dodge dealer a couple of months ago but he was lost as it started then and ran for a few days afterward and the computer diagnostic said that everything was fine. I am now thinking of having it carried to a Mercedes dealer as the only thing left to do. Any other ideas? Anything other than scrapping it will be appreciated.

Last edited by RonFire; 03-13-2012 at 05:38 PM.