Thread: Water Leaks
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 09:24 PM
dskul1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Water Leaks

Originally Posted by fastfred
i just went thru the water leaks PROBLEM... i had about 4'' to 5'' water witch was high enough to soak the elect. parts in that area ..i was lucky and found a used elect.unit to install but repairs of leaks and all was still around $1,200.00 ... the dodge dealer that fixed the leaks told me if they get a recall for the leaks they will refund me and all others ...this is happing to a lot of cars and if we all complain to CHRYSLER maybe a recall is possible....the srt-6 should not have that Meany leaks something was not done right when they put them together,poor materials or ???......... INPUT PLEASE?
I went through leak problems too, although most of mine were caused by previous owners bending the back of the car and when they tried to repair it, they didn't even bother to install the gasket that goes under the wing panel. I also had leaks from the gas filler area, the flex hose between the top of the car and the rear hatch and the gasket that goes all the way around the hatch. Leaks everywhere. But, I have also read about this wing leak problem w/a lot of other SRT owners. I have even seen other SRT's that I've looked at before I purchased mine that had obvious water problems. Some have said that the gasket in this area gets old or moves so it either breaks or is no longer where it should be. Leaks. I agree, it probably is not a very well designed seal, but you would be paddling up stream to get Chrysler to do anything about it. The production numbers are way too small for them to care + they have moved on since they are now part of Fiat. Unfortunatly I believe we will just have to deal w/it. I think if it properly fixed, it should last. Fingers crossed. Mine were repaired by a good body shop and I was able to find parts for pennies on the $ on the internet and this forum. Saved me big $$ since I had a lot more leaks than just the one from the wing area. Good luck.