View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 12:18 AM
TheCrossfirekid
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire in Snow

I live in wisconsin, and have the 6 speed with performance tires. Last year I had a 120 lbs and did ok when it wasn't snowing. This year I have no additional weight (don't ask, I'm lazy), and yes the TC is a pain. And this might be easier for auto's since you only need two hands, but you have to play with the TC switch when starting. When you feel it really kick in, turn it off, then when there's to much slip back on, and etc until you move. Don't know how but I can do all this while turning. But this only happens if I get caught in the snow. Otherwise I get to drive a neon, and sadly it's not an srt-4. I guess just try different things. I go out every year to an empty parking lot and practice driving in snow, taking turns, stopping, etc to get a feel for the car. And then after all that hard work I've worked up a hunger, so I make a few "donuts" and have some fun. And wings is right, its not good to drive on the perf. tires in the snow, and even cold. My example happened today. Had a red light at a monitored on-ramp. When it turned green, I floored it with tc off, back end got out, shifted to second, same thing, third tires were still slipping with tc off, and even into 4th going about 60. Conditions- around 25 degrees, clean road with exception of a dusting of road salt (no pieces, just the residue) and i had already drove the car for about 20 mins. Granted i could of let off the throttle at any point, but this just shows what lil traction there is.