Thread: New XF owner
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 11:09 PM
scirocco16v
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New XF owner

Hey all, I've been on the board for a little while and getting a feel for the XF community. I'm a VW guy (mostly sciroccos) but I've had pretty much everything. I recently decided I wanted a sports car and I had narrowed my search to the XF and the Z4. From there it came down to value for dollar and nicest example. I ended up with an '05 Limited in Sapphire Blue Metallic, AT, with gray/dk gray seats and 34k on the ODO. I must say I'm super pleased with the car thus far. While the AT and 215hp isn't exactly a rocketship, it makes more than adequate power and looks amazing. (also, little know fact, the VW Scirocco was also built at the Karmann factory, so next to the C230 Coupe, the XF is like a relative). I've just bought a stack of maintenance parts (all German) and I'm likely going to replace the upper and lower radiator hoses (a little squishy for my liking). Unfortunately, it appears as though they are only dealer items and I'm looking at close to $150 for the set. Is there a better deal out there or do I just grin and bear it (along with the 12 spark plugs and 9 quarts of Mobil 1 0W40)?