Thread: Headliner woes
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 11:21 AM
maxcichon
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Headliner woes

Originally Posted by babiehop
My headliner is falling and won't stay up !! Okay, sorry, that was cheesy. I understand this is all too common a problem and have read other threads, but when I called my friendly neighborhood dealership I was told the replacement headliner part was in fact a pop-out piece - like a fabric covered board back if I understood correctly. The premium one went for $900 and the sport version for a mere $690, not including installation. Reading other tales of this problem, it sounds like everyone is doing what I thought to do originally, which is to have the existing fabric removed and re-upholster the backing. With the dome light and visor placement, it looks like a royal pain and I don't want to replace the whole assembly unnecessarily, but will cough up the $ if there's not much hope of having it redone satisfactorily. Not sure of having the MB service center doing the upholstery and not sure of the upholstery shop taking the ceiling apart. Ideas/suggestions ?
Virtually any auto upholstery shop can do the job. Ask around for recommendations.