View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 05:07 AM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: 2004 Crossfire Parasitic drain

Originally Posted by Missfire
Ok ............... I suppose the Use Search result being submitted 3X's in a row just irritated me. So now that you have posed .........
The search result being posted three times was because the system froze on me when I submitted the post, it was so slow that I thought I could stop it and added the word 'welcome' to the post. There were problems logging on yesterday and maybe that was the time, I never looked to see what was posted just because getting on was so slow. Getting ratty with someone with your first posts will not encourage others to help you, it should be mentioned that you have searched. Otherwise it comes across as a demand for help. There are many who ask for help and then never reply back that they were helped or not and only show up when they need more help.

The car needs some draw on the battery to keep the system alive, disconnecting the battery will give you some idea of what is lost with no power, some information lost is probably evident to you when the battery is reconnected. The radio is probably shot with that drain. Look at the reserve capacity of the battery and figure out how many hours it will take to reduce the battery power to a level that will not turn the starter over.
The normal drain is mentioned in a post here somewhere, the figure is quite low.