Thread: Tire Wear
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:25 AM
xscape
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Wear

Here is my story.

I bought my crossfire a little over 2 years ago, upon purchase we put brand new tires on the car. Less than a year later the car is in a local shop getting an oil change and the tires have gone almost completely bald. They only had around 8,000 miles on them. It turns out when the local shop put the tires on they did not align the car because they did not have the proper tools (so they told us) and they failed to tell us this. So we had to have the tires replaced in early may. This time I took the car to the stealership to have the tires put on and 4 wheel alignment. I thought ok good everything was done right these should at least last 25 thousand miles, hopefully more.

Now fast forward to 10 months later I have to take my car into a local kauffman tire because my driver side rear went flat, it turns out I ran over glass. They repaired the tire but told us that on both rears on the inside the tires were almost completely bald again! The guy told us basically the car looked as if it was never aligned and if it was it was not done so properly. I have spent over 2500 dollars on tires in under two years and its getting ridiculous.

My question is, is the dealership in anyway responsible for this considering the car was supposed to be aligned, I have the receipt and everything. Also could it be something else besides the alignment? Because I am seriously having to think about selling the car because I am in college and I can simply not afford tired every year.

Thanks in advanced,
Austin