View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 01:58 PM
uknowhim21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Plasti-Dip Project Finished w/Pics

Originally Posted by Mimi05SRT6
Question about the plasti-dipped wheels. What do you use to clean them, to remove all the brake dust and road grime? I'm thinking that a lot of crap will stick to it. I may try one wheel to see how it does with cleaning, etc. Also, when changing tires, I'm assuming that the rims will have to be resprayed in certain spots from removing and installing the new tires??
To clean the wheels all you need to do is hose them down with water, spray some simple green on them to help break up the grime, let it sit for a minute or so, wash it off and then take a towel and wipe off all the remaining dirt.
When you put the wheels back on, the back wheels lug nuts will go in with no damage to the plasti dip. But since the front wheels lugs sit out further, they will cause the plasti dip to come up when your tightening the lug nuts. But nothing to worry about since we have the center caps that cover the lugs.
If you let the guy knows that changes the tires that its a plasti dipped wheel and to be as careful as possible, you might be able to change the tires with no harm to the plasti dip since its very durable stuff and only comes up if you really try to pry it up