Old 04-25-2012, 08:08 AM
MAGNATUDE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Urgent: Did Karman use a Scratch Resistant, Nano or Ceramic Clearcoat on our cars?

My car was scratched by a touch-free high pressure washer that malfunctioned during its soap cycle. The car is normally washed by hand but on this day, I had an appointment and did not have time to wash it myself so I took it to the drive through car wash. This car wash is fairly new with the latest automated sensor guided high pressure nozzle that goes around the vehicle.

My front fender was scratched by the pressure nozzle appeture with a seven inch gash between the front wheel well and the decorative side vent and another three inch gash above that. My cars paint had been perfect up to this point so as you can imagine, I am extremely upset.

I called the number posted at the facility and the owner answered. Told him about the situation. He shows up and looks over the damage to my car. The scratch is clearly felt with your fingernail. It is deep enough to go through the clearcoat but does not apear to have gone through the basecoat. After a few minutes of discussion he offers to get it fixed by his contracted PDR expert.

I am suppose to meet his PDR tech at my home but I have reservations about his scratch repair method. I suspect he will use a product called Qwixx Scratch Remover. Qwixx corp.warns users about not using the product on cars made by Mercedes Benz. It also warns about not using sandpaper on the damaged area if the car is painted with Nano or ceramic clear coat.

Can someone tell me if our cars are painted with this special paint coating?

If so, I need to tell the PDR tech to not touch my car before he creates more damage than is necessary.

On a side note: What is the color code for the silver trim on our cars? I was only able to ID the base coat to my car.