View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 11:09 AM
aallman72
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Transmission or Clutch?

Hi all, I need some advice.

A few days ago I am driving down the frontage road of the local toll road and coming to an intersection, I push the clutch in and it feels weird, I can't shift out of gear and it feels like the clutch wont disengage.

I can shift through all the gears just fine if the engine is not running. I figured its the clutch and take it to my local shop. About an hour later he calls and says its not the clutch it's the transmission and they don't work on transmissions there.

So I limp it back home, basically having to shut off the car put it in gear and start it (clutch in of course). But when I start it it feels like the clutch is at least partially engaged as the car begins to move. As I release the clutch it rolls away like there's no issue. But once up to speed clutch does no good, I have to get the RPMs/MPH just right at the correct speed to force the gear change.And that doesn't work all the time.

Flushed transmission, oil was clear, gold, refilled with syn 5w20, no change in performance.Some metal sludge on the drain plug magnet.

What is it? Clutch, Transmission, Both?

Thanks