View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 09:24 PM
aallman72
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Transmission or Clutch?

Ok, so the minimum from the transmission place says if its just disc/pressure plate is $2400 estimated. $5500 for all the clutch components. Anyone in the Dallas area wanna buy a Crossfire with 85K miles and a bad clutch?

If I buy 3rd party parts I am looking at new pressure plate, clutch disc, Release Bearing/Slave cylinder, Pilot bearing, (some kits say pilot bushing) ~ $700

Its a 2004 so probably a new Dual mass flywheel? or can I just swap with a regular flywheel? Anyway to tell without taking it apart?
I cant even find a listing anywhere for a Dual Mass Flywheel for a crossfire.

Anyone know of an online visual clutch replacement guide? Honestly I am up for this challenge if the price is right and I can replace all the components without any expensive tools, calibration gear. If you guys can advise I can take photos of all the steps and make a guide.

This is assuming the wife says "Sure you can use my car for a month while you risk your life under our expensive car learning how to install parts you got from Ebay in hopes it wont destroy the transmission once you're done."

Any takers?

Last edited by aallman72; 05-18-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: spelling, grammar