View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 PM
aallman72
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Transmission or Clutch?

Added some more photos of cover before I cleaned it. As well as a closeup of the oil seal sitting 1mm deep in cover. I'll take some pics of it cleaned up later for now all the pics show the oil flow for diagnoses.

I cleaned it up some and tightened the cover bolts to the required 89 inch Lbs (~7.5 Ft. Lbs). now my wrench isn't pro and they all went in about 1/4 turn so I may have over done it. Planning to check it in the AM and look for any leaky spots. But I doubt anything with show up until some pressure/heat is applied via extended driving (in Texas summer).

I figure if I put this contraption back together and everything works, and then I find it leaks oil at least I know where/why its happening. And then I'll make the decision whether to tear the thing down again and fix it.

Another issue is the flywheel bolts. The service manual says to discard them, I assume in favor for new ones. Does this also apply to dual mass flywheels (never mentioned in service manual) Is this necessary? Or can I reuse them?

Last edited by aallman72; 05-21-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: more questions