View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 02:39 PM
aallman72
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How to: Replace Clutch in '04 Coupe

Install Transmission. (Service Manual 21-347)

41. Raise transmission up using the lift and fit input shaft into pilot bearing. This part took a while. Just getting the input shaft into the pilot bearing through the disc splines was a challenge. Also since the slave cylinder is extended there won’t be much room to start threading the transmission bolts into the engine block. Once all the bolts are threaded, tighten each one a little at a time as not to apply pressure to one area potentially damaging something.

42. Install the rear cross member together with the transmission mount and install the bolts. I think you can remove transmission lift at this point.

43. Connect shift hinge thingy to transmission with mystery locking pin. Connect the shift rod to the transmission ball stud. Much easier getting on than removing. Connect the reverse lockout cable, Ball stud and twisty mount. Also easier than removing. Connect the backup lamp switch harness connector.

44. At this point I started the car and tested transmission and clutch. Really loud without exhaust attached. I could get into all the gears except 1st. This is because I screwed up and pressed in the reverse lockout cable during removal.
Turned off engine. Basically it wouldn’t reach first so I put it in neutral, pressed in the orange release button until it locked. Then moved the underside of the shifter towards the driver’s side about an inch then released orange lockout adjustment catch, locking it into position. That did the trick, could get into all gears no problems.

45. Install the propeller shaft. Line up markings you made when removing.

46. Install exhaust. Connect oxygen sensor harness connectors.

47. Lower car.

Drive away happy!

The following users liked this post:
×Crossfire1× (09-24-2023)