Thread: Ugly Scratches
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 06:35 PM
rayth
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ugly Scratches

Hi guys, I've read a few posts here about how to take care of scratches but I was hoping for some more guidance from some of you familiar with body work.

When I got my hood and new bumper painted, I asked the body shop guys to go around the whole car and buff it out. The only place they couldn't do anything about was some scratches on the rear bumper (which I don't remember seeing when I bought the car). I was told that they were too deep and the only thing they could do would be repaint the bumper. That shop has given me great prices (at least I think) so far, so I am not oppose to having it all repainted whenever I get around to having the trim pieces painted, though I can honestly think of 10 other car parts I'd rather spend money on.

That being said, are there any products out there that will do a decent job with these scratches that could not be professionally buffed out? I've seen Meguires Scratch X2.0 being recommended, and have seen a lot of commercials for Dr. Color Chip... would either product be worth it?

Let me know your thoughts on how to get my black limited looking just a little bit better...