View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 09:07 AM
LadyMills
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is Crossfire still reliable after 100K?

I have a 2006 manual Coupe and just hit 100k. I love love love my little car. I drive 120 miles round trip every day to work and back, and it's a dream. I regularly took weekend trips from Lubbock to San Antonio (450 miles one way) and it is one of the most comfortable cars I've personally driven. A 7 hour drive and I didn't need breaks, and felt great when I got there. (I'm 42, so it's not like I'm a spring chicken, either.)

My crossfire is my favorite car I've ever owned. I bought the lifetime warranty through Chrysler and intend on keeping "Shoe" forever. (My hubby calls it that because it's not much bigger than his shoe.)

I'm about to take Shoe in for 100k maintenance just to keep everything running good. The only things you might consider as cons compared to the Mazda would be:
expensive oil changes ($120 if you don't do it yourself, but you can go 7000+ miles)
heaven forbid you have to buy a new set of back tires
if something broke, consider it a Mercedes Benz to get it fixed as far as $

The pros - it's the most unusual car you'll ever have. A real head-turner, and a joy to drive. Too many pros to list, honestly. But a lot of that will depend on the previous owner and how well it was taken care of.