View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 05:01 AM
TerryR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dealer pissing me off..!!

Originally Posted by BuffNSoFly
So my dilemma at the dealership started when I requested a State inspection to be performed but, they are trying to get me to replace tires with plenty of tread left....I have ~10k miles on my Toyo Proxes T1R's. Also none of those miles have seen the track only the highway.

I called bullshit on them and said I can't justify buying them now as they are good for another 5k at least. Problem is they DON'T manufacture T1R's anymore and are currently being replaced with the T1 model tire.

My only solution is to buy brand new rear tires that are a completely different brand. Has anyone ran different brand tires from the front compared to the rears before?

Part of me wants to be stubborn and ignore getting my inspection done and waiting until I feel I need tires. Either do this or take it to another shop for a second opinion.

Any suggestions?
O.K. explain to me why you are taking a car to a Dealership for an inspection? I have NEVER taken any car of mine to a Dealership for an inspection. They have a built-in reason to reject your car for something, Duh, Duh. Am I right or what???