Old 07-22-2012, 07:37 AM
oledoc2u
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Rough Idle, car stalling, check engine light, multiple cylinder misfire :(

Wow..... a whole host of problems on here....where to start? There are a lot of diagnostics to run here on everyone's problems. I think I will just watch and learn here, although the guy with #4 cylinder not firing has nothing to do with a "tune up". Dumb@ss shops out there just want to throw parts at a problem rather than offer a solution. I would look at the coil pack for that cylinder. Bad coil, bad connection for the plug wires. Easy look, to start with. Many of the other symptoms seem to be in the crankshaft position sensor area, since it is a misfire. If you have an SRT's, the AIT sensor has come loose in it's slot, even has blown completely out under boost. Huge leak then, lol. Cam Shaft Sensor rarely go, but can't rule them out. All these are under $100 fixes by YOU...not someone looking to sell you a "tune up"... Read thru some the thread referencing these fixes or "how to's"...save yourself a lot of $$$$$$$$$$