Old 07-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Jackerman
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is this worth it? Or should I skip this Crossfire?

Originally Posted by crossfirees
I found a deal but there is a catch. 2005 Chrysler Crossfire base with 129k miles and a REBUILT title. For $4500 and possibly lower. I have no experience with crossfires except it has been the car I have always wanted and now I have the opportunity to. Should I skip this deal or go for it? Car was crashed but engine was still intact so he fixed it up. It was all cosmetic. The car looks brand new and everything is working and smooth. However, I am hesitant because of the miles. I don't want a car that will constantly break down on me and will cost me triple what I bought for it. So, go for it or skip?
Just a little general knowledge I can give you as I don't own an xf just yet
The amount of miles doesn't always matter , its how the owner/s drove the car in those miles , questions to ask yourself are things like;
Was it driven as a daily driver or a weekend cruiser? Was it driven as a city car or mostly highway miles?
Little things like that make a difference in terms of trans conditions
But I can't tell you if its a deal or not , just wait for others to chime in
Just remember you get what you pay for , if you have the money I'd say wait till you find a better one , that's what I'm doing and why I don't own one yet , gotta be patient , good luck