Old 07-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Drawbar
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is this worth it? Or should I skip this Crossfire?

Rebuilt title usually means it was written off by the Insurance Company, and someone picked it up for a song and fixed what needed to be fixed. Probably best to take it for a nice long drive; could be frame damage and you'll get a shimmy, wobble, steer wander, however slight that cannot be "fixed", that the seller will try and pass off as wheel alignment, tires etc. Get a mechanic to go over it if you have taken it for the test drive and still want to make the purchase. I almost purchased a pristine 944s2 cabriolet, untill I took it for a drive. Above 40kpms you would get a bad wobble from the rear. The car hadnt been on the road for 2 yrs and had no Carfax info for that time. I brought it back and the owner says..oh ya probably flat spots from in the garage. Its still for sale months later. It may be a good buy, or it may be too good to be true. Good luck and get a nice one cuz you're going to be upset later if you get a lemon. There's one currently on Kijiji.ca for $6500 and states "other than some frame damage".... I shopped for months 2004 Silver Blue 6spd Coupe. Annnnd......Loving it!