Old 07-25-2012, 10:11 PM
SATXfire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: Is this worth it? Or should I skip this Crossfire?

Originally Posted by crossfirees
I found a deal but there is a catch. 2005 Chrysler Crossfire base with 129k miles and a REBUILT title. For $4500 and possibly lower. I have no experience with crossfires except it has been the car I have always wanted and now I have the opportunity to. Should I skip this deal or go for it? Car was crashed but engine was still intact so he fixed it up. It was all cosmetic. The car looks brand new and everything is working and smooth. However, I am hesitant because of the miles. I don't want a car that will constantly break down on me and will cost me triple what I bought for it. So, go for it or skip?
Honestly, I'd pass if I were you. The probability is high that you're going to have some problems associated with the title issues. This is a Mercedes so any repairs are going to have a Mercedes price. You're going to be hard pressed to spend under $1K just to replace the tires.

I'd focus on finishing your education, get your first job and then search for a low mileage garage queen. I have no doubt you'll find one. There are plenty of owners out there like myself that only drive their Crossfires on weekends and special occasions.

Just my $0.02. Good luck!