View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 09:00 PM
tooltym
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No Start Persistent - D. I. G.

D. I. G. means Dead In Garage. I drove it in there a few days ago. It sat quietly for 4 or 5 days. I go to start it the next time, the engine spins happily for 6 or 7 seconds, but without a hint of trying to fire. No sputter or any attempt to fire, it just cranks for that length of time then stops cranking. I can repeat the process, and it cranks some more, but no hint of start. I searched through this forum and found 2 different common causes for no start on Crossfire... the CPS Crankshaft Position Sensor and the RCM Relay Control module. (Thanks to all the givers of their knowledge here on this forum!)

This is an '05 SRT6 Coupe purchased new, now has 11,000 miles on the odo, the battery is about 6 months old and very strong. This car is gloriously unmodified, bone stock. I have had zero problems with it for 6 years, until just now.

I bought and installed a new CPS as outlined here, still no start. I removed and re-soldered the RCM pins that cause some cars not to start, still no start.

So does anyone know what else I might try to flush out this problem? I've got a Service Manual CD, tools, and above average wrenching skills, but most of what's under my hood is still a mystery to me.

I'd appreciate any suggestions that any of you folks have to offer. Thank you.