Old 07-30-2012, 11:03 PM
blackcrossfire07
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Engine Quit & Left Me On The Side Of The Highway

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Yea, this sounds like the CPS. $55 shipped from Autohaus.

The Chrysler dealer will probably screw around for hours and try replacing $1500 modules until they happen upon the CPS.

You'd be better off having it towed to a small independent shop that works on Mercedes. THOSE guys have seen this before, your Chrysler dealer? Well, you MIGHT get lucky IF they have a mechanic who is familiar with the car... but not likely.

YOu are not driving a Chrysler.

I'd get that car towed the HELL away from that Dealer before they telll you "The PTCM and CPS are both bad, parts ordered, they will be here in a week - $450 diagnostic charge plus $2400 for parts, call it $2500 and it's a deal". Then go to Autohaus in Arizona and order the CPS. It'll take 5 minutes to change it. THEN - Take the RCM out and either resolder it yourself or take it to a radio shop and let them re-solder the whole damn board, that will cost you probably $5 to $50.

And yer done.

(But I still agree with Woody, it's the damn CPS - anyway, the RCM will fail sooner or later anyway. MIght as well resolder it now!)

There goes my max care warranty. It is useless. MWasted money since the dealership can't fix this problem.