Old 07-31-2012, 02:40 PM
AlexRMC92
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: BEGi Turbo Kit information/discussion thread

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Well James it takes a big man to apologize, and I also must concede to stooping to childish responses. As I had mentioned before, my ABS/ESP is currently non functioning due to pump or sensor other than wheel. She still will fall on her face during a burnout at 4 - 4 1/2 grand rpm. Remember "burnout in my yard?" I'm going to put that on my agenda for tomorrow when I get home from work with the fuse pulled to see if she revs past that, and will report back.

Edit: And as a footnote, did you see my post of possibly making a harness and "sharing" the rear wheel sensors signal with the front wheel interface? I've really got a feeling that is what its going to take short of getting into the brains to disable. I'm fairly sure that RPM limiter is the computer saying no more based on lack of front wheel speed.
I may be completely off here, i don't have enough time at the moment to start reading the old thread. But if there is a problem with the 4.5k rev limit in neutral then couldn't we make a device that imitates the sped sensors? I'm not sure how it works on a auto, but on my 6 speed it seems that the 4.5k limit goes away after passing 5mph. So this device just has to send a constant 5mph to the ecu until you actually pass 5mph in the car, then it just lets the sensors do the work.