View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 10:08 PM
tooltym
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: No Start Persistent - D. I. G.

Thanks to everybody for your suggestions and comments so far. My next move is to get an OBD II scanner and see if any error codes are issuing. I do hear the fuel pump turn on when I turn the key to position one.
As far as Check Engine light.... I get no individual lights (OK, one light, the seatbelt light) when I turn key to position one. When I turn to start position, 14 dashboard lights come on and stay on until I turn the key back to off. So, no specific Check Engine light.
I have less confidence that it is a fuel delivery problem, than an electrical ignition problem. If the fuel system, the fuel pump, the fuel filter, regulator, were failing, I would think that I would get at least a sputter, even one pop, when I first tried to start it. But when it quit, it quit cold turkey. Not even the slightest effort of lighting a mixture.
I think something is shutting down the computer, and that is withholding both spark and/or fuel injector signal. Something like the CPS sensor..... but I replaced the original CPS with a new Bosch unit.... still no start. I have to find out what other sensors have the same effect on the computer.

"Pulse Module"..... got it, thanks for the clarification.

I'll keep posting back here until I get this problem solved. Thanks all.