View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 02:45 PM
crossie5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Crack in rear rim

Last fall, I was driving my '05 Crossfire Roadster home from a nearby town. As I pulled away from a stop light, I noticed a noise and vibration coming from the rear of the car. I pulled into the next parking lot, just up the street. I found the passenger side tire completely flat. I tried to use the fix-a-flat compound and compressor to fix the flat tire. Unfortunately, it would not hold air. As a matter of fact, the back side of the sidewall was gone! Places where 4 fingers could fit into a hole together. I had it towed to the dealer where it was purchased. They had NO tires for this car. They had to order one for deliver next day. When they removed the tire from the rim, they found a crack in the rim, where there is an expansion joint in the rim, about every 4 inches inside and outside of the rim. The crack is in one spot on the inside of the rim. Chrysler has, so far, turned me down in replacing this rim as part of the warranty. The dealer was turned down and I have tried to email their people twice, with the same results. This rim is over $500, with a new tire, not the same as original and towing bringing my expenses so far to over $750.

Has anyone here had any similar issues with Chrysler's warranty system? This problem is DEFINITELY turning me off on Chrysler, and making me not think well of Mercedes. Any help would be appreciated.