Old 08-11-2012, 10:27 PM
latemodel21
Forum Regular
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: Paddle shifter install instructions completed

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
You mean that you have not done this yet??

Better get on it...........one of the best mods EVER!
Hey thanks cousin Steve !
I know it may sound mildly disingenuous agreeing with you ...
and keeping in mind that I've had my paddle shifters for more than a year ... I have found in the last 4 months (since I finally broke the "10 & 2" habit and adopted the "9 & 3" grip) I like the paddles more every day ! I just tried an upgraded TCU recently ... and I have to say, I don't know how you could get the most out of one (particularly manual mode) without paddle shifters.

on a related note,
I am having DCT Motorsports make me a custom wheel . Ergogrips, and a mix of punched & nappa black leather with a little red leather (and red stitching) to tie it in with my black with red slk32 interior (in my new SLK32). I'll post some pics when I get it in the car.

Originally Posted by bruco1
agreed, this mod is must have!
Chris did an amazing job putting this kit together
thanks for the kind words ! However, from my perspective, it was more agonizing than amazing. My attention to detail has been my own undoing on this project. Grateful the demand slowed down after I built more than 40 kits (they take too much time to build). I currently have 6 ready to ship (make that 5, I need one for SLK32 (#3) that I just added to my stable). when those are gone, it may be a wait till I make some more. I've been busy making paddles available to the AMG 55 crowd (whose cars came equipped with buttons that require an electronic spoof in order to convert to paddles). A less time consuming product.

in case anyone is interested, here (below) is a 2 page blurb on this product that applies to most SL55, CLK55, E55, S55, and CL55 models made from 2003 through 2006.

Originally Posted by fubu
Are these kits still up for grabs?
there are a few on the shelf .... shipping to sweden is $40, paypal fee is another 11 ... that makes the total $296. I don't know where you can get a good deal on the AMG paddles in your market. The best price here is $109. If you like, I can order an extra pair and send them to you for $120 (that seems pretty fair).

I SINCERELY hope that I have answered ALL of your questions FUBU (really ... )
Chris

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
page1.jpg (157.9 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg
page 2.jpg (186.9 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by latemodel21; 08-11-2012 at 10:33 PM.