View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:17 AM
RED DOG
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Trailering a Crossfire

Resurecting this old thread seemed to be the most appropriate . . .

I'm going to be trailering our SRT6 up to the Tail of the Dragon meet in October. I bought an Aluma tilt model #8218 trailer that handles the car perfectly (no ramps, doors clear the fenders, etc.).

8218tilt.jpg

I've been researching the best tie down system to use on the Crossfire. As was suggested by JaneBridges in this thread, I am currently focused on a Mac's Pro Pak system that goes through the wheels (using 2" x 40" axle straps with padded sleeves - see link below).

Pro Packs - Pro Pack with 40" Through-the-Wheel Straps (8 Foot) and Direct Hook Ratchets

In the back of my mind, however, I still think maybe using the automotive frame type tie downs that would fit into the manufacturer's slots in the frame (that should be on all vehicles) might be the most secure system. The problem is I can't seem to find the slots in the frame that would accept those standardized auto tie down fittings. Are they on the Crossfire?

Maybe some of you with experience trailering a Crossfire can let me know what type of tie down system you like and would recommend?

THANKS,

Last edited by RED DOG; 08-17-2012 at 03:44 PM.