Old 09-30-2012, 02:40 AM
onehundred80
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: DIY: Alcantara Lint "Pill" Removal. $5 and 5 Minutes.

Originally Posted by flawxy
Hello,

My name is Dave. I'm relatively new here, I've been poking around a bit & I just purchased ZAHANMA'S Car. Unfortunately, during shipping, it received some light damage that is going to be fixed. While I wait for their insurance guy to come take a look at the damage, I haven't insured/ payed taxes/ plated it yet. Needless to say, I haven't driven it much yet.

I've been very ansy, cleaning the interior to like new condition. While I was in there, I noticed that on the Alcantara on the drivers seat, there were what appeared to be similar to the little ***** of lint or "pills' you get on synthetic clothing such as polyester sweatpants. They can be seen in these images.

Kinda hard to tell but they are there. So I used what I use on my polyester sweatpants, a fabric shaver. Basically a single wheeled face shaver they rotates, grabs and cuts the lint ***** "pills" off. Made by remington. Cost maybe $5 at the most. they have nicer and larger ones as well.

Using small circular motions, I began shaving away at the pills. 5 minutes later you're left with something like this.

Here is whats was removed. It only removed the pills and left the fabric intact and smooth like new.

Again, hello and I hope this helps someone out with the same problem.

Dave
I like that, in fact I like it a lot. I think I will buy the company.

BBC News | UK | I liked the slogan so much...

Last edited by onehundred80; 09-30-2012 at 03:07 AM.