Old 10-09-2012, 10:55 AM
closer9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New radio head unit wired to factory stock amp amplifier

I will definitely be doing this mod... Hopefully this weekend. I just got my KIV-BT901 installed last night, and so far love it. I was a little bummed when I went to bed last night, because I couldn't find any random for MP3's and there's no attenuator. Well, stumbled on the random while driving in this morning. So, feeling much better. An ATT button on the unit would have been nice, but can hit the power button if needed. Remotes are just junk drawer/glove box jewelry for me. I need to hurry and get a back up camera and Sirius receiver now.

BTW, the radio presets are pretty easy to get to. Kinda stumbled on that too. While listening to a station you want to keep, hit MENU, PRESETS, select the desired number and just hold in on the ****. I like this better than my previous Kenwood, because there are more presets, and it actually lists the station frequency rather than "PRESET 1" etc. You can also change it so that hitting the search button will either SEEK or go to the next preset.

My only issue is that I can't get it to snap into themounting sleeve. I had the same problem with the previous Kenwood. I haven't even tried to figure out why, or search to see if others have had the same issue. Not a big problem.

Oh, I mounted the microphone at the top inside of the driver's A-pillar trim. This worked great, till I forgot and flipped the visor down this morning... My original thought was to drill a hole and mount just microphone end sticking out of the center of the map light cover. Will need to find another cover though to practice on.