Old 10-11-2012, 10:57 AM
user 8202
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7

I just want to share what a great time Gaia and I had while attending our 2nd Dragon event. It was great seeing a lot of familiar faces, some of which were at Woodward in August, but remembering everyone's name is sometimes a challenge! While I always want to participate in events and make new friends, some of you know I had another agenda which had Gaia and I leaving after lunch to "do our own thing".....little did Gaia know that I was going to propose to her and that's exactly what happened Saturday afternoon! We had just spent an hour in the little town of Murphy, checking out some artisan stores including a wine tasting when we started our trek back to the lodge. After an hour of driving, and after just seeing two deer romp through a meadow (a sign maybe?), I found a quiet spot at the side of the road where the scenery was perfect and the moment felt right. Taking Gaia's hand, we went for a walk through the woods when I stopped, turned to her and proposed. Gaia said Yes!!!
So while it would have been great participating in some of the afternoon runs...a much bigger event was happening in our lives...thanks to the organizers for another event well planned and hope to return next year...attached is a photo of us we took after our engagement before returning to the lodge.

Attached Thumbnails 6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7-gaia-tony-oct-6th-2012-engagement.jpg